One Knitty Chick

Friday, July 07, 2006

I know, I know.. I promised an updated weeks ago. I can't use the excuse that some fabulous work assignment or last-minute vacation came up. However, I can tell you that I spent HOURS both trying to post photos on this site of the lovely projects I'd finished and the ones I had started and also not exaggerateing about it. Needless to say, I was unsuccessful in formatting the photos a way that pleased my discerning eyes, but there are eight lovely photos waiting to greet you when my mind decides to give it a real go. For now, I may appease you all with this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Isn't that just beauuuuutiful?!? If that box of birthday goodies (oh yeah, I have even aged since my last promise of a post) doesn't make you shed a small tear of joy... then you shouldn't be reading this blog. You see that? It's five, I must repeat, FIVE, different projects worth of Knit Picks sock yarns. Three different types. Three sets of Simple Stripes, one of Essential, and one lovely Peruvian wool Palettes. What's that in the back? The first Yarn Harlot book and a fair-isle sock pattern.

I should note here that I have never actually made a sock. Scarves, hats, colorwork wristlets, baby booties, small cardigans, lace knitting... all this I can do, yet the thought of knitting socks scared me. Until I found out that my mother-in-law wanted to get me yarn for my birthday. Then it was on... I was all about the sock knitting and pored for hours in front of my laptop being sure I got the most for my monies. The booty arrived last night and now I am scared again. I can't find a basic starting sock pattern any place on the net. I am scared to admit to my LYS that this is my first sock attempt, so that is right out. My lovely sister purchased the rest of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's books for my birthday, so I can either wait it out for the Harlot's Basic Sock pattern or I can try my hand at these:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Those beauties are Crusoe socks from the Spring 2003 issue of Knitty. Aren't they grand? Maybe I should finish my husband's hat and wait "patiently". (Believe me when I say that the quotation marks are necessary.) I could promise you a post with those eight photos just waiting to be shown off, but that could just jinx the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home